Monday, April 23, 2012

A Place I Live: Anaheim Flea Market

For the first time in a while we didn’t go to any estate sales, garage sales or thrifting. It felt like something was missing to the weekend but luckily my mom reminded me of the Anaheim Antique Flea Market. This was only the second time the event took place but you wouldn’t know it with the long street full of vendors and lots of shoppers.
 
The day was overcast but not too cold so we brought Sophie out since she loves vintage hunting too. Her favorite vendors were one who made dog beds from old barrels and another who had free almond toffee samples. She was pretty tired by the time she got some water and back in the car for the ride home.
I loved seeing the vintage ovens in great colors like aqua and green that were on display. This flea market was very well rounded with vintage clothing, kitchenware, oil cans and other knick knacks. There were food trucks, kettle corn and the Good Food food court was open with treats and drinks.
Before Jeremy and I even had a chance to buy anything my mom had already bought us the perfect gifts! Jeremy got a white bow tie with red and blue paisley print, perfect for wearing with his vintage vest. My gift was a Bakelite brooch in the shape of a black Schnauzer with a little fake diamond for the eye. It was just perfect I had to put it on right then! 
Who knows, you might soon find The Sunshine Grove at the Center Street Promenade in Downtown Anaheim on the fourth Sunday of the month.
Jeremy's Bow Tie, my Schnauzer brooch & tired Sophie





2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the info about the Anaheim Antique Flea Market. I had read about it in the paper and would love to go the next time. Your write up gives me a boost to want to get out of the house and get over there. Love the picture of Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great seeing more fun things to do in the area? Sophie is a ham for the camera! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and chatting!