Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend Finds

So far this year has been tough for new inventory. Most estate sales we’ve walked into have been a bust. Either the items for sale do not fit the direction of our shop or have been pricey! What this year has been good for has been wood. Lots of it too. We are busy here at the grove working on some new projects that revolve around reclaiming wood and mid century inspiration which in the end will result in really cool art. At least we think so.
I finally found the time to wash, iron and photograph some linens I had picked up last year so watch for those new listings. While I was taking photos of the new merchandise Jeremy was busy unloading yet another truckload of wood. He had a few long, well aged planks and I just knew that those would be awesome for the shop banner. I decided to get creative and use an actual orange to create the lettering for the shop, so not only is it the color orange, but has the texture of the fruit as well. Jeremy suggested that I add an actual fruit for the ‘o’ in Grove so I used a third photo to create our new banner. I really like the way that it turned out and was able to use my new Photoshop skills.

It just so happens that I came across a Tumblr site called Handmade Ryan Gosling. I was at my computer laughing out loud at the fantastic and ever so relevant photo statements. Do you craft? Sell on Etsy? Then please do yourself a favor and check it out. Not into Tumblr? Me either but this one is totally worth it. Make it educational. Apparently when you grab a photo, add a caption and toss it on the web it’s called meme. You learn something new every day, right?

Hey girl, this one is my favorite. You know, cause of my new banner and all that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and chatting!