Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Finds


It’s that time of year again, the week before Christmas! With so much to do in preparation we did some early weekend hunting for vintage treasures on Thursday. We normally stay pretty close to home but did head into Los Angeles for a great sale. Supposedly the home was closed for about 2 years and was opened for the first time with tons of books, mid century furniture and sewing notions. When we see awesome furniture we get bummed that we don’t have the space to bring home more. Jeremy found some old 1960s Engineering reference books and Navy maps. I brought home a box load of 1950 and 1960 patterns. I was so excited when I came across the box of them. I’ve dabbled in sewing but have yet to make clothing. I found a great vintage fabric so I’m thinking of making my first vintage inspired shirt.
On our way home we stopped at a self claimed retro estate sale but it was a bust. To redeem the afternoon we stopped off at a thrift store that has a 2nd floor full of vintage clothing at 50% off the tag price. Jeremy found a vest and jacket that were dropped off at the cleaners today just in time to be worn for Christmas Eve.
The rest of the weekend brought us two records – Johnny Cash live at San Quentin and Dean Martin. I really wanted to find an old Christmas record but all the ones there were badly scratched.
Sunday we headed over to the Long Beach Flea market and I got in for free! I hoped to find any piece to my Nest Stone dinnerware and it just so happens that a dinner plate made its way into my collection. Today was spent wrapping gifts, visiting the post office and finishing last minute sewing projects. We  can’t wait to enjoy the company of family and friends later this week.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Vintage Books

Soon to be vintage shirt

Nest Stone Dinnerplate

Patterns!

More Patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and chatting!